The answer is “NO.” Now, having said that, if you are indigent and CPS files suit to terminate your parent-child relationship, you will be appointed a lawyer. But the point is, you should never wait until you are in such a bad situation to find legal help. When CPS files to terminate you, they have had around 6 months to build their case against you and there is little your court-appointed attorney can do to erase the damage of what has already happened during the case. Finally, the legal services organizations do not take CPS cases either because they are so specialized and time-consuming.