Many clients looking for divorce lawyers who come to Schreier & Housewirth for representation have never hired an attorney before in their lives.
Their perception of divorce lawyers is colored by what they see on television and in advertisements.
These media representations of pudgy middle-aged lawyers as “bulldogs,” “sharks,” and other predatory animals do little to enhance the dignity of divorce lawyers in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
At Schreier & Housewirth, we believe it is our responsibility to educate our clients about what they should and should not expect from their divorce attorney.
We find that such an education leads to more positive relationships with our clients as they know what to expect from their divorce lawyer.
Whether your case involves child custody, divorce, property division, CPS, or other family-related matters, our attorneys are here to help you.
Are you contemplating divorce?
Do you need a divorce attorney in Fort Worth?
Expect this from your divorce lawyer:
- Someone who will listen to you closely and respond with an understanding of your situation and particular needs.
- A divorce lawyer who can articulate the law to you in easy to understand language and clearly explain your options.
- An experienced divorce attorney who is familiar with the practices of the family court judges in both Dallas and Tarrant Counties.
- A divorce attorney who is accessible during the course of the divorce and responsive to your questions and concerns about divorce.
- Someone who consults with you before making any decisions of a critical nature
- A lawyer who lets you make informed decisions about your case rather than using your case as a forum for their own personal issues and ambitions.
- A divorce attorney specialist who will protect you and your children from your spouse’s harmful conduct.
- A divorce lawyer who is more than a “cheerleader” and can help you accurately assess both the strengths and weaknesses of your divorce case.
- Someone who will maintain a professional demeanor at all times and not fall prey to anger or other emotions.
- A divorce attorney who encourages you to seek a peaceful resolution to your case if circumstances permit.
- An attorney who is able to clearly explain his or her fee structure to you and use your funds wisely.
Do not expect this from your divorce attorney
- A lawyer who doesn’t take critical decision making away from you and expects you to simply be happy with the result of his or her unilateral actions
- Someone who doesn’t encourage you to engage in illegal or unethical activities during your divorce case.
- A divorce attorney who will take your case on a “contingency fee” basis.
- A lawyer who promises you a certain result in your divorce case.
- An attorney who implies that he or she has a special relationship with the judge or the power to improperly influence the judge.
- An attorney who may become personally involved in your divorce conflict.
- Someone who engages in harassing or inappropriate behavior towards your spouse or opposing counsel.
- An attorney who refuses to disclose to you how your funds are being spent.
- A divorce attorney who may attempt to develop a personal relationship with you during your divorce case.
- An attorney who attempts to give you psychological advice or mental health counseling.
As experienced divorce lawyers, we understand that your divorce case is one of the most difficult life events you will ever endure.
We offer you divorce representation that meets the highest professional and ethical standards.
We hope that this article will help you to be more informed and confident when hiring your divorce attorney.
Schreier & Housewirth, Family Law Attorneys
1329 College Avenue, Suite 100
Fort Worth TX 76104